Who doesn't like to have a piece of bread for breakfast? Best with a sweet spread. Why not just combine the two and make the bread sweet. We thought so too and made a delicious chocolate banana bread.
The recipe is very simple and is super quick to prepare. Only baking takes a little longer. But the wait will definitely be worth it for you. So off to the kitchen and let's go!!
• 125g dates (preferably a soft variety such as Sukkari, Mazafati, Medjool)
• 160g flour (of your choice)
• 50g cocoa powder
• 2 ripe bananas (approx. 200g)
• 100ml of plant milk of your choice
• 50g oil (neutral oil or coconut oil)
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vinegar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C with top and bottom heat.
2. Put the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
3. Cut the bananas and dates together with the plant milk in a blender. Alternatively, mash the bananas with a fork and cut the dates into small pieces.
4. Then add the banana and date mixture to the dry ingredients, add oil and vinegar and mix everything well.
5. Finally, place the dough in an appropriate form and bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 40-50 minutes.
After the dough cooled down, we ate the bread with peanut butter and pieces of banana. It just tastes delicious.
Have fun baking and enjoying!
Your MAKRi Team