The pre-Christmas time is slowly beginning, the anticipation for Christmas is increasing and you would like to sweeten your evening. And for this occasion there is a super delicious recipe for you. The list of ingredients is a bit longer this time and the preparation a little more complex, but it's worth it - I promise. You already know that dates are in the foreground with us. That's why we used a homemade date-plum jam and our own version of marzipan.
For the first layer
· 50g margarine
· 100g date sweetness
· 150g date syrup
· 250g flour (Type 405)
· 100g ground almonds
· ½ pack of baking soda
· Ginger bread spice
· 2 tbsp applesauce
For the second layer
· Jam (date-plum - link for the recipe)
For the third layer
· marzipan (120g almonds, 50g agave, 10ml rose water)
and 2 bars of chocolate for the coaging (preferably MAKRi Chocolates)
1. Prepare the flooring: Melt the margarine in a water bath, add the date sweetness and the date syrup and mix to a mass. Mix the flour, almonds, baking powder, spice and apple sauce together and add the margarine mix. Mix everything into a smooth dough.
2. Bake the dough: Then roll out the dough evenly on a baking sheet lined with baking paper with the rolling pin to an approx. 1 cm thick dough. Bake at 180 ° C with top and bottom heat for 20 min.
3. Spread the jam: After the dough has cooled a little, spread the jam evenly.
Tip: You can also use any other variant of jam or fruit spread.
4. Distribute marzipan: Place the marzipan mixture over the jams. This works best if you roll out the marzipan mass beforehand with a rolling pin.
5. Cut the dough: After everything has been piled up, you can cut the dough into the desired shape. We cut the dough into approx. 2 cm wide squares.
6. Pour chocolate: Melt the chocolate over the water bath and pour over the dominoes. If you want to cover the entire dough, you can simply dip the dominoes in the chocolate bath.
Then just let the chocolate cool down and then the dominoes are ready to be enjoyed.
We hope you enjoy copying and enjoying the recipe!
Your Makri Team