What would Christmas be without speculoos? Without this spicy pastry, something would be missing in the Advent season. To be able to enjoy the speculoos with a good conscience, we simply omit the refined sugar and prefer to use dates for this recipe instead. You can also leave out the cream filling and just eat the speculoos biscuit. It also tastes great.
What you definitely don't need for this double cookie recipe is milk, butter or egg. This one is only baked vegan.
So, let's go!
For the cookies:
• 100g ground oatmeal
• 100g spelled flour (or any other flour)
• 150g date sweetness (to make yourself - click here)
• 40g coconut oil
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 tsp soda
• 1 tsp speculoos spice
Tip: You can also make your own variant of Spekulatius spice. All you need are 7 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp cloves and 1 tsp cardamom.
For the chocolate cream:
• 100g MAKRi Chocolate Dark 72%
• 50ml oat or coconut milk
1. First mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Now gradually add the remaining ingredients and knead into a fine and homogeneous dough.
3. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough thinly on a floured surface, cut out circles and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
5. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 180 ° C for 15-20 minutes. Then let it cool completely.
6. For the filling, chop the chocolate and put it in a bowl. Boil the oat cream / coconut milk in a saucepan and pour over the chocolate. Mix evenly and leave to cool.
7. Finally spread a biscuit with the cream and place another on top.
And the delicious double cookies are ready.
Have fun copying and enjoying the recipe!
Your MAKRi Team