If you were hoping for classic American brownies here, we have to disappoint you now. Because it contains neither refined sugar nor butter. But with this recipe we want to show that none of this is necessary.
Our beloved dates are used for sweetening and for this we use a few types of nuts. The whole thing is prepared very quickly and does not need to be baked.
So, let's go!
• 300g dried dates
• 40g walnuts
• 40g cashews
• 150g ground almonds
• 60g cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
• 2 tbsp almond butter
• Pinch of salt
1. Line a baking tin with baking paper.
2. Soak the dates in water until soft. Drain the water and use the food processor / mixer to make a date paste. Set aside 100g of date paste for the topping.
3. Finely chop the walnuts and cashews in the food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process briefly into a dough.
4. Spread the dough evenly in the baking pan and press until smooth. Place the mold in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5. Spread the rest of the date paste on the finished brownies.
Tip: Decorate the brownies with chopped nuts, cocoa nibs and date syrup.
Have fun copying and enjoying the recipe!
Your MAKRi Team