Pudding is usually only known from the ready-made mixes, in which you add a little milk to the powder and let it boil briefly. The ready mixes usually contain only aroma, some starch and a lot of sugar. The big advantage is supposed to be that you can save a lot of time. But homemade pudding is almost as fast and you also know which ingredients are included. In addition, the flavors can be tasted much better with natural ingredients.
For the chocolate pudding we use the sweetness of the dates and some cocoa powder. The guar gum or the cornstarch ensures the binding. We also use vegetable milk. Whether oat milk, almond milk is entirely up to you. It works with everyone and tastes delicious in any case.
So, let's go!
• 150ml oat milk (or another vegetable milk)
• 6 dates
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder
• 6 pieces of chocolate (MAKRi Date Chocolate 72%)
• 1 tsp guar gum or 1 tsp starch
1. Put 3/4 of the oat milk with the dates, the chocolate and the cocoa powder in a blender and puree. The number of dates can vary depending on the size and desired sweetness.
2. Place the mixture in a saucepan and heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Meanwhile, mix the remaining cold milk with the guar gum or cornstarch.
4. When the pudding has been heated well, add the cold milk with the guar gum and let it boil briefly.
Tip: Stir the pudding constantly so that it doesn't burn. Alternatively, use a simmer pot.
5. Then fill the chocolate pudding in small bowls and let it set in the fridge.
6. Garnish the chocolate pudding with grated chocolate and a little coconut yoghurt.
And the chocolate pudding recipe is ready.
Have fun copying and enjoying the recipe!
Your MAKRi Team